Welcome! Qualicum School District values the role parents play in their children’s education. You are your child’s first teacher, and this job continues into the school years, as parents and teachers work together to ensure each child has a successful school experience.
School staff are happy to talk with you about how you can be involved in your child’s learning, and there are many opportunities at the school to make a difference. In addition to helping your child at home, there is a place for your voice to be heard at your child's school, and at the district level.
School Registration and Boundaries Information
Please click here for information on Registration, School Boundaries, and Cross Boundary Requests.
Student Accident Insurance
- Parent Advisory Councils (PACs)
- Every school has a Parent Advisory Council. The PAC represents all parents or guardians of children attending that school, and advises the principal, staff and school district on any matter relating to the school. All parents are welcome to attend PAC meetings, or if schedules don’t permit, to maintain contact with the PAC Chair. Contact your school for more information.
- School Planning Councils (SPCs)
- Every school has a School Growth Plan, goals for student success which are reviewed and rewritten every year. School Planning Councils develop, monitor and review these School Growth Plans. An SPC is made up of the principal, 3 parents and 1 teacher and may also include school support staff and students. Contact your school or your PAC to find out more about the SPC at your school.
- District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC)
- Just as the Parent Advisory Council advises the school on matters of importance to parents, the DPAC provides the voice of parents across the district to the Board of Education of Education and school district staff. Click on the link to the left to find out more about how DPAC works for parents.
Click on the links to the left for information on:
- Resolving Concerns
- Resources for Parents
- as well as more information on DPAC and the services it provides parents and PACs in the district.
- There's even more information elsewhere on our website that you will find useful. Check the links on the right for information from bussing to programs, and we hope you will browse through the rest of the site to get the full flavour of our work in the district!
For your convenience, School District 69 has made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance offers protection against the unexpected costs of injury from accidents, and is especially valuable for families who:
· do not have medical or dental plans,
· have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
· have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
For complete plan details, please visit www.kidsplus.ca.