BLT Mission Statement:
To enhance children’s development by supporting strong family relationships and community capacity through effective learning opportunities
Click here to visit the BLT Program Web Site
Building Learning Together is a Coalition of Community Partners that have joined together to support early learning for children 0-6 and their families.
Currently over twenty BLT projects reach into every corner of the community, affecting people from birth to beyond retirement. At the core of BLT are the beliefs that:
- Parents play a crucial role in preparing their child for a lifetime of learning,
- There is much parents can do to ensure their children get at good start in school, and in life and,
- It is in the community’s best interests to ensure parents have access to resources, because when our children succeed, our community thrives.
Since 1999, the BLT Steering Committee has grown to represent and work with over 180 businesses, service clubs and schools, over 20 agencies and ministries, and well over 200 individual volunteers. The ongoing involvement of these community partners is the reason BLT has been able to continue to provide free programs for children and families for over 9 years. As of June 2008, BLT programs had 29,765 visits from children!
All of BLT’s programs emphasize the innate abilities of children to learn, the strength of families learning together, and the rich resources we have within our own communities to help each other. We all have gifts to share, and things to learn from each other. There is something for everyone at BLT, from prenatal programs, to beyond retirement age - and everyone is welcome!
- For more information please call:
- Community Literacy Coordinator
- ph: 250-947-8252