History of FCSS
The community of Coombs found its roots as a Salvation Army colony in the late 1800’s. The ideals of family and community were held with the utmost value, a tradition which has carried on to the present day.
In 1912 French Creek School opened their doors, to a bright and promising future.
Strong ties to the past and a desire to see children educated within their own community, the residents of Coombs joined together in the fall of 1997 to prevent the closure of the school and again in 2003 and 2004.
In June, 2004 French Creek Elementary School received its community school designation and became the first community school in School District.#69.